About Me

My photo
United States
I'm a 17 year old girl, who loves jpop~

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yesterday...

Which was Saturday, I went to the mall! My mom brought me a Hello Kitty shirt from hot topic, it's really cute!! I also got 3 manga books.


1. Koko ni Iru yo! (I am here) volume 1.
This is also the author of pixie pop, but I never read pixie pop because I could never get into it. But I am here is just WONDERFUL!! The art is gorgeous! Everything is so shiny!!! I don't know who does the screen tones for Ema Toyama, but they are a PRO! The use of screen tones in this manga is just amazing, see:


LOOK AT THAT. I THINK I DIED OF CUTENESS WHILE READING THIS. I also cried. A lot. Because I can relate to Sumino. Up until 6th grade, I had no friends. I know how it feels to be alone, not noticed by anyone and invisible. This manga is on mangafox, but I want the manga in my hands! I wanted to be able to own it and look at it any time I wanted.  It cost me $22, but hey, the book is the length of 3 mangas! It was SO worth the money!!!

2. Zettai Kakusei Tenshi mistress Fortune (Mistress Fortune)
By the author of Full Moon and Shinshi Doumei Cross. I have been waiting FOREVER to read this manga!! Arina tan's manga are always so very very detailed! That's why it's hard for me to read her manga online. I'd rather buy her manga, plus the art is pretty! Mistress Fortune was really funny!! I'm glad I brought it! I love the characters in this! It also came with a pull out poster thing, it's double sided!!!

Shojo beat's manga went up $1 like a year ago. They are starting to include color pages in their manga like yen press does, I'm happy about that because no it's worth it to buy shojo beat if they have a color page in it!

3. Otome Koi Kakumei Love Revo!! volume 3 (Ugly Duckling's love revolution)
Is actually based to an otome game! And you can totally tell because there are like 8 hot guys surrounding the main character! I love this manga so much! The art is shonen style though! O____O I was surprised that I liked it! Hitomi, who is the main charcter weighs 220 pounds and is trying hard to lose weight! However, this isn't realistic because normally guys would be tease Hitomi because she's fat. it's just the way life treats fat people. But The guys around her are so nice, and they help her an encourage her into losing weight! Why can't real life me like this? It is $12 because yen press is sooo expensive! BUT!! It comes with a color page poster!!


Tomorrow is valentine's day. I plan to draw a picture but I hope I have enough time to do it!!!


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love that T shirt!! It's super cute!! ^_^ I also love manga, I went to the mall a few days ago and almost got Ugly Duckling's Love Revolution, but I didn't have enough money!! :( So I ended up getting "Otomen" by Aya Kanno, and "Happy Cafe" by Kou Matsuzuki, and I also got "Bleach" volume 1-3. I am really excited about that!! I will have to read these that you blogged about, thank you!! xx Jillian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Hot topic DOES have a lot of cute hello kitty stuff! I LOVE Otomen!! It's such a funny manga!! And I own Happy Cafe volume 1. That manga is also funny~ Yes! You should read them, they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otomen is funny, the main character is very good looking though hehe! :) :) :) Happy Cafe is really good, and the get better as they go along.
    I'll get them and read them for sure. Thanks again!! I enjoy reading your posts!! xx Jillian :)

    ReplyDelete