About Me

My photo
United States
I'm a 17 year old girl, who loves jpop~

Friday, February 4, 2011

Obento

For the last year, I've been obsessed with bento making! I've got two bento cook book's so far.

The first is Just Bento, which is a relatively famous bento blog/site that's run by Maki. I like it because it mixes Japanese, American, and even some other food from other countries together to form delicious meals appropriate for bento making. 5/5! You will not regret owning this cook book ore reading Maki's website, I know I didn't!: Read It Here! Buy it on amazon or your local book store!

The second is a bento cook book called kawaii bento boxes that teaches you how to make cute-type bento. I love this because it's so cute! It tells you how to make faces on your food and how to decorate your bento so It looks, well, cute. It also groups food by color and includes extra recipes. 4/5 because it makes you flip back and forth If the recipe for that food was already mentioned on another page. Buy it on amazon!

Although I haven't tried any of the recipes or bento's in the cook book's it yet, they are both a great reference and the pictures from both are just gorgeous!!

Last night, I decided I wanted to make a bento for school. Originally, I was going to have salmon onigiri in it but ran out of time and couldn't make them! So, I decided to have rice with furikake sprinkles son top, tamagoyaki, broccoli, and salmon. I took pictures this time!

cooking the tamagoyaki:
 

Rolling it up in a sushi mat so it keeps it's form! And then you take a sharp knife and cut it:
                                                              
Salmon:


Here are all of my materials together:

And this is the final product! Not too professional, creative, or neat though. I'm still learning...
I also made my sister one too! Her's is on the right, mine is above and on the left:


Well, that's it for now. I hope to post more better looking bento when I improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment